HOLIDAY BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Version 5- 2016
Terms and Conditions:
- Amenities/furnishings: Please be aware that all holiday properties are owned by individuals who provide amenities and furnishings of their own. The standard of amenities and furnishings will vary widely in style and standard across properties. Our staff will describe the premises and location in good faith and to the best of their ability, however no responsibility for misdescription, errors or omissions will be accepted including descriptions of properties on our website. It is the responsibility of the guest to ascertain the suitability of the accommodation for their own needs. Claims for discounts or refunds will not be entertained for reasons of unsuitable accommodation/furnishings.
- Linen and consumables: Your holiday accommodation is fully self-contained, NOT SERVICED and does not include linen and personal consumables, unless otherwise stated. If no linen is included in the property you must provide your own sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, tea towels. If linen is provided with the property this will include sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, hand towels and tea towels. Pillows, blankets/doonas, pillow protectors and mattress protectors are provided with all properties. For all properties kitchen and bathroom consumables (including toilet paper, soap, tea, and coffee) are not provided unless otherwise stated.
- Tariffs: Tariffs quoted are correct at the time of booking and are subject to change without notice. In the event of a tariff increase, bookings confirmed by a deposit will be honored at the prevailing tariff at the time of booking.
- Booking fee: A booking fee of $44.00 applies to all bookings and is non refundable.
- Payments: To secure your booking a deposit of 50% of the total tariff plus the full booking fee is required within 48 hours of making the booking. If a deposit is not received by the due date and you have not been in contact with JRRE your booking may be cancelled. Christmas and January bookings require payment in full by 31st October. Easter holiday bookings require payment in full 6 weeks prior to Easter. All other bookings require the balance of the tariff to be paid 14 days prior to arrival. Keys are not given out unless full payment has been made & completed security bond form has been received. Payment methods available are cash, cheque, direct deposit or credit card (MasterCard/Visa only) or EFTPOS. Please note that a surcharge of 1.5% applies to all credit card/EFTPOS transactions.
- Bond: A guest registration form is required to be completed for all bookings. Credit card details are held on file in lieu of bond. If credit card details cannot be supplied a $300 cash or cheque bond is payable prior to arrival. The bond balance will be refunded within 7 days of your departure date unless withheld to cover any costs from breaching the JRRE terms and conditions.
- Arrival/departure times: Check-in time is 3.00pm on the day of arrival and the premises must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure (unless prior arrangements have been made). If the premises are not vacated by 10.00am an extra day’s tariff may be charged. Our office hours are 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday, and 9.00am – 4.00pm on Saturday. If you expect to arrive after hours please contact our office a few days prior to your arrival to confirm your arrangements for the collection of keys.
- Number of occupants. The number of occupants including children must not exceed the maximum number of people as advised by you at the time of booking. No mattresses, tents or caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed.
- Personal property: No responsibility is accepted for guests personal property left on the premises during occupancy or after departure. Any property left behind will be stored by this office for 14 days. If you require items to be mailed to you they will be COD at your expense.
- Damage/breakages/losses: Any damage/breakages/losses must be reported to JRRE immediately. The guest will be responsible for damage to the property or premises or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest will pay to the agent, JRRE, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages and losses are to be reported to JRRE immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found ie: furniture should not be moved. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you authorise JRRE to charge these costs to your credit card (or bond) accordingly.
- Excess cleaning/rubbish removal: If guests do not leave the premises neat and tidy JRRE will charge the guest the costs for extra cleaning and rubbish removal. All food and beverage items must be removed from the refrigerator. Any spillages, fridge and kitchen benches must be wiped, dishes washed, dried and put away clean, BBQ cleaned, lights, fans and air conditioning turned off and all garbage placed in the appropriate garbage bin. All items including furniture, outdoor furniture, umbrellas, cutlery, crockery, kitchen utensils must be returned to their original positions.
- Garbage bins: Garbage should be placed in bins provided (RED – household rubbish, YELLOW – recycling only, GREEN – garden waste) and put out for collection on departure, or on SUNDAY night if your stay includes a Sunday night. If rubbish bins are not put out as requested, or if rubbish is put in incorrect bins additional rubbish removal charges may apply.
- Keys: Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from the agent or its representative outside office hours will be charged a call out fee of $50.00. Holiday guests locked out of the premises requiring agency assistance to gain entry will also be responsible for any locksmith fees if they are required. Guests will be responsible for the cost of replacing any lost keys or remotes for the property.
- Respect for neighbours/general public: Guests are expected to not use language or engage in any behaviour that will cause offence, embarrassment, nuisance or inconvenience to other guests, neighbours or the general public. This includes noise, and we ask our guests to consider neighbours and keep noise to a minimum during your stay, particularly between the hours of 10pm-8am. Occupiers of premises which, JRRE deems has caused nuisance or annoyance to neighbouring or adjoining occupiers will be terminated immediately.
- Smoking: No smoking allowed inside the premises.
- Pets: No pets are permitted at the holiday property, unless the property is confirmed by JRRE as PET FRIENDLY and you have advised JRRE that you are bringing a pet. At all PET FRIENDLY properties pets are only allowed outside and under no circumstances are allowed inside the dwelling.
- After hours emergencies: Our staff may be contacted after hours in emergencies only on 0423 647 677 or 0428 933 444. Call out fees may apply.
- Repairs: All repairs will be carried out as soon as practicable. On public holidays, weekends and after hours it may at times be difficult to get trades people immediately. We will make every effort to minimise inconvenience; however partial refunds or discounts will not be given. In the event of a major problem rendering the property uninhabitable, we will make every effort to find alternative suitable accommodation for you. Please advise of any repairs, problems, complaints as soon as possible as we cannot fix these unless we know about them. A repairs and comments form is provided in your arrival envelope and any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated. Guests are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises during reasonable hours by arrangement (and at any time in an emergency) for the purpose of conducting any repairs, maintenance or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee of $50.
- Cancellation by agent/owner: All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner of the premises and JRRE will not accept responsibility for any decision, action or arrangement of the current or a new owner of the premises, including but not limited to, the sale of the property, withdrawal from rental, the property being rendered uninhabitable, major renovations, a change in the accommodation fee or the alteration of the property in any way prior to your occupation. In the event of advance bookings being cancelled by the owner and/or agent, a full refund will apply. Every reasonable effort will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
- Cancellation/amendments by guests: All cancellations or amendments to bookings must be in writing. All cancellations are subject to a $75.00 cancellation fee. Bookings cancelled MORE than 6 weeks prior to your arrival date will be refunded the deposit paid, less the booking fee and cancellation fee. Bookings cancelled LESS than 6 weeks prior to arrival date will be refunded any monies paid less the booking fee and cancellation fee, only if a subsequent booking can be secured for the property for the same dates and tariff. No refund will be made for bookings cancelled LESS than 6 weeks prior to arrival date if a replacement booking is not secured. If the property can only be filled for part of the time, no refund will be given for the unused portion.
- Departing the property: The property must be vacated on time and secured with windows & doors locked. All keys and remotes must be returned to JRRE’s office immediately after vacation of the premises, if outside business hours place keys/remotes in the After Hours box located on the outside of the office.
- It is your responsibility to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before making a booking and paying a deposit.
- You must monitor the observance of the Terms and Conditions by your guests and invitees. A breach of these Terms and Conditions by your invitees or guests will be considered a breach by you.
- By paying the deposit you agree to enter into an agreement to rent the Premises from JRRE in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to enter the Premises at any time for any reason to ensure the compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- A failure to comply with any of the above conditions may be considered a serious breach of this agreement resulting in your eviction, the loss of your bond (if any) and/ or monies paid (or owed) by you, charges to your credit card for damage/loss/breakage, excess cleaning or rubbish removal. If a booking or tenancy has been cancelled due to a breach of our terms and conditions no refund is available and alternative accommodation will not be provided.
Ph: (02) 6493 3444. Fax: (02) 6493 3443. www.julierutherford.com.au ABN 66 440 515 635